Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WRITERS BLOCK






I guess it seems a bit dramatic to say I have "writers block".  That kind of assumes that I am a "writer" which I would say is an exaggeration.  Posting fleeting thoughts in a blog that attracts random accidental views is not acquiring me a seat at the Algonquin 'round table'.
  At any rate, I have not had a deserving 'fleeting thought' in a while.  In fact, my posts have been fewer and further between since, oh... my anniversaire ?   I think somewhere in my subconscious I feel I accomplished my task of sticking it out for a year and now I can slack off.  I don't know.  Maybe I just have winter blues and can't get excited about any subject enough to write about it.



I have become meticulously well acquanted with this corner of my ceiling.  It is not really worthy of an entire blog post but it is interesting that the same white paint can appear to be so many different shades...



Then there is this section of floor which has inspired much meditation on my part.  But no poetry or philosophical breakthrough... not just yet.



And of course many trips to my old buddy the refrigerator.   But really no inspiration there.  Not even enough to make me clean it or buy more food.

Today is leap day, Feb 29.  Once every 4 years.  I have no idea how the hell they figured that out but I am blaming the pressure of this event for my 'writers block'.  Why not?  Spring is on the way as is daylight savings.  Whew!  I am confident I will be inspired to write unparalleled witty remarks and intelligent banter next month.  Meanwhile, I probably should clean my refrigerator and buy some food.

No comments:

Post a Comment