Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1st


Well, I made it through Februaury, my least favorite month, with the help of perfume.  March arrived all springtime and smiles like a loving hug and a rescue from the cold.
Looking over the perfume month posts I think the lesson to be learned is not to judge a book by it's cover.  Or a perfume by it's reputation.  I was guilty of something I pride myself on not doing which is to be influenced by popular opinion.  For instance, I think I really don't care  much for Creed.  It's kind of the Manolo Blahnik of perfume houses. Over rated and under interesting.  Perfume being such a personal pleasure should probably always be tested blindfolded.  It should be judged by the heart regardless of popular opinion.  If the scent touches you and thrills you and brings you joy then it doesn't matter who made it or where you found it.  It has merit and value for you and you should wear it happily!
I am looking forward to Spring with amazing optimism and enthusiasm and will apply my lessons learned in the cold of winter to build a happy Spring/Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment