Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Time for a Cleansing Diet !


Well it's that time of year again when I try to cleanse myself of toxins and get a fresh start in the new year.  Every year I take the week between Christmas and New Year to do some kind of cleansing fast.  Over the years I have tried many fasts from the serious Master Cleanse to a fresh juice fast to my current raw fruit and veg cleansing diet.

First thing in the morning I drink a glass of water with 1 or 2 lemons squeezed in.  Then a cup of this fasting tea.  It's very tasty due to the licorice root ingredient.
I eat pretty healthily already.  Vegetarian for most of my life and periods of super healthy eating thrown in over the years I eat more healthily than most people I know.  Still, there are all the bad things like sugar, caffeine, alcohol, processed food etc... 







Then there are all the toxins we ingest without knowing it - the pollutants in the water, air, food chain...
I do this cleanse to try to let my body rid itself of some of these built up toxins.  Fresh juice is very helpful.  Worth the cost of the juicer !


It's day 3.  I feel awesome.  I always toy with the idea of becoming a raw-vegan eater.  It feels so great and my skin looks/feels better, my mouth tastes good ( even first thing in the morning!), I have tons of energy (without caffeine ).  Basically, it seems crazy not to stick to this diet. 

fresh ginger tea

The problem is I don't have any vegan friends.  I end up eating out in restaurants where the pasta is my only choice.  Or even the veggie option is cooked.  Also, I like wine.  Which could be allowed but I also like vodka.  And I like my vodka with tonic... there goes the diet.  Plus, after awhile I would crave sweets other than fresh fruit and cocoa nibs.  I think what I may try in 2012 ( not a resolution, just an idea) is to do this raw diet 4 times a year.  1 week each season.  That seems like a capitol idea! 
So, I guess I just kinda made a New Years resolution.  Cool.  I will keep you posted.

Happy New Year everyone !   Wishing health, wealth, and happiness to all my friends in the blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment