Friday, November 9, 2012

THANKSGIVING

Vegetarian Pumpkin with Rice Stufing-recipe here


Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday ( Christmas, of course the Grandaddy of all holidays).   I love gearing up for the feast by combing through tons of recipes.  Then narrowing it down to a half a ton.  Then getting approval from some of the picky eaters.  Then making a few of the scrapped ideas the week before just to get psyched. 

Hefeweizen Honey Rolls (recipe)

Boston Brown Bread (recipe)


Beer-based rolls and bread you bake in a coffee can seem like good choices to me.  I'm sure the pilgrims had their own version of these baked essentials.  Some fresh churned butter... maybe next year.  The trick with that would be getting the right milk or cream I guess.  Something to research!

Mashed Cauliflower au Gratin (recipe)

Bouchees de Courgette a l'Abondance (recipe)

Parsnip Gratin (recipe)

This always happens.  These three dishes are very similar but really hard to choose one and eliminate the other two.  Cauliflower, zucchini, or parsnip?  All baked and cheesy and gorgeous!

This Fall Harvest Salad is a keeper (recipe)


I usually like to make mulled red wine but this Cider recipe seems like a great idea!

(recipe here)

Butternut Squash Crostini(recipe)

These are adorable and probably wash down well with the home-made cider!

Mini Herbed Pommes Anna (here)

These are so beautiful!!! I think I have to make these.  I usually find too many potato and muffin and dessert recipes and this is why.  They are so gorgeous and simple.

Cranberry Chutney (here)

This is a really nice recipe.  Cranberries, apples, pears, hazelnuts, ginger... certainly beats the can shaped jellied 'traditional' cranberry sauce.

Kale Dressing (here)

This is a really nice savory dressing.  And Kale is so hot right now !  Check it out, it sounds delish!

Brendon's Normandy Apple Tart (recipe)

Yeah.  I can guarantee I'm going to make this.  My usual apple pie is not this pretty.  I need to step it up a bit...

Pecan Pie (recipe)

I usually make a pecan pie as well as apple and I kind of use any old recipe ( like the one on the pecan bag) but this recipe doesn't use corn syrup.  Which I feel is a huge plus so I will be trying this one out for sure.

Here are a few more beautiful recipes; good luck choosing !

Winter Squash with Spiced Butter (here)

Raspberry Pistachio Turkish Delight (recipe)

Pumpkin and Feta Muffins (recipe)
Braised Red Cabbage with Apples (recipe)

Porcini and Pumpkin Ale Mac n Cheese (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment