Monday, December 15, 2014

IT'S TIME TO CHRISTMAS-UP THE PLACE!!!

this is not my house, but I almost wish it was...

It really seems like there are way less decorations everywhere I go than usual.  The skimpy tree and one single strand of garland is almost worse than nothing at all.  I don't know if it's a symptom of PC non-Christian corporate policy kind of thing or just laziness or actual flat our apathy... But it really sucks.  So, even though Christmas is only 10 days away, it's not too late to do your part.  Throw a party!  Invite everyone over and make decorations, make cookies, make punch, make MERRY!!!


I had my tree trimming party over the weekend and I made this non-alcoholic punch which I highly recommend.  Of course you can serve all the booze you want but this punch is seriously thirst quenching and the kids will get a nice sugar rush : )


I also made these chewy molasses cookies.  The recipe is here.  Make sure to have a lot of milk on hand because these cookies beg for it.


I found these adorable nutcracker cupcake wrappers at Target.  I just made chocolate cake from a mix and buttercream frosting then pressed a handful of shredded coconut from Trader Joe's into the frosting.  Pretty and delicious!


Don't forget the classic popcorn and cranberry garland!  I think it totally makes the tree complete.  Just pop the cheap grocery store bag of corn the day ahead of your party.  It's much easier to string when they are a bit stale as they don't split as easily when you stick the needle through.


I bought some boxes of plain Christmas balls in red, silver, and clear and glue and glitter.  Some people are a bit more successful at this craft than others : ))  But everyone has fun trying!


Pandora has a multitude of Christmas playlists.  My favorite one is called Christmas Radio.  And if the tree and baking aren't enough to fill the house with scent it's both pretty and tasty to light a bunch of scented candles - pine, cinnamon, apple etc.  It hardly costs anything to do this.
I almost feel like the movie Elf where I am trying to save Christmas spirit to make Santa's sleigh fly! Come on everyone, I'm not singing all by myself, I know you're out there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment