Thursday, October 10, 2013

Film School Fridays






I compiled a list of 10 films I consider to be  inspiring for a little get together I'm hosting fridays for friends and family.  These 10 films are mostly lesser known gems or old enough to be overlooked.  They are the kind of critically acclaimed films that I think have a lot to teach about film making.  They are movies with a lot of heart and a definite love of the art.  So I thought I would post this list in the hopes of Introducing some or all of these to an eager audience of film enthusiasts.
( I ended the list with Moonrise Kingdom - Wes Anderson 2012.  I truly feel that all film fests of any genre should end with this film.  Like the movie Hugo, it leaves you with an intense love for the art of film and reminds you of the magic of film.)

1. The Fall of the House of Usher , American  1928




2.  Ikiru,   Ikira Kurusawa  1952




3.  Aguirre, the Wrath of God, Werner Herzog  1972




4.  The Reckless Moment,  Max Ophus  1949




5.  The Crime of Monsieur Lange,  Jean Renoir  1936




6.  Le Havre, Aki Kourismaki  2011




7.  A Woman Under the Influence, John Cassevettes  1974




8.  Slacker, Richard Linkletter  1991




9.  After Hours, Martin Scorcese  1985




10.  Moonrise Kingdom, Wes Anderson  2012




These should be watched with the lights out and plenty of homemade popcorn!  Moving pictures, we love you !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment